[Ardour-Users] Directing MIDI input from a keyboard

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jun 27 09:47:16 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 12:30 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> Leigh and I talked on IRC, and the current plan is to add a button to
> the mixer strip (probably next to the input button), to the editor
> track controls and probably the editor track list, that
> enables/disables MIDI input on a given track.
>
> The issue is not just about monitoring - you don't want MIDI CC's or
> program changes from the controller to reach the wrong synth.
>
> Look for this solution to emerge in the next day or two.

This is the smartest and only way to protect against several 'MIDI
trough' issues. Usually proprietary sequencers give several MIDI trough
options, but you'll run into issues, as soon as you need a mix of
several MIDI trough options. Having the possibility to select MIDI input
that way, will solve several issues :).