[Ardour-Users] Directing MIDI input from a keyboard

Leigh Dyer lsd at wootangent.net
Sun Jun 26 19:19:07 PDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 11:58 AM, Melvin Ray Herr wrote:

> Does it work to solo the track you want or maybe mute the other tracks?
>
> Sorry I'm not at my computer or I'd check it myself.

Yes, that does work, but it's an awkward solution for a couple of reasons:

* For hardware or external synths, where I'm routing the audio from the
synth through a bus within Ardour so that I can hear it and add effects,
I also need to solo or unmute the appropriate buses

* When I've finished playing around with a part and wish to record it, I
have to unsolo/unmute before I start recording, otherwise I won't hear
any previously recorded tracks while I'm recording. This is a
significant workflow interruption

It's starting to sound like there isn't a good way to do this within
Ardour yet, so I'll add it to the bug tracker as a suggestion and go
from there.

Thanks
Leigh