[Ardour-Users] Ardour3 Videotimeline patching wscript failed

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Jun 19 13:21:49 PDT 2011

On 06/19/2011 10:13 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this mail is neither in the archive, nor there was any postmaster mail,
> so it seems not coming through. I'm not sure if Videotimeline issues
> should be send to the users list

I suppose not.

> but at least Robin added the devel
> list to contact.

yes, ardour-dev would be more appropriate.

> $ svn co http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/ardour2/branches/3.0
> ardour3_videotimeline
> Checked out revision 9746.
> $ cd ardour3_videotimeline
> $ curl
> "http://rg42.org/gitweb/?p=ardour3.git;a=commitdiff_plain;hp=master;h=videotl" | patch -p1
> patching file wscript
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 360 with fuzz 2 (offset -1 lines).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 505 (offset -1 lines).
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 557.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 602.
> 2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file wscript.rej

Alas, I'm recently too busy to be rebasing the patch on a regular basis
and am a bit behind upstream development.

If you want to test it just check it out from the git repository:

git clone git://rg42.org/ardour3
cd ardour3/
git checkout -b videotl origin/videotl
./waf configure --videotimeline
./waf

> Btw. is it recommended to run "./waf configure --videotimeline --debug"
> instead of "./waf configure --videotimeline"?

AFAICT '--debug is currently always enabled due to A3's alpha status
even if you don't specify '--debug'

$ ./waf configure --videotimeline
[SNIP]
Debuggable build                                     : True
[SNIP]

have fun,
robin