[Ardour-Users] help needed to ascertain a MIDI design question

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jun 11 13:15:39 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 13:56 -0500, seth burrows wrote:

> Hey Paul
>

> In REAPER when you drag the tail of the note over an already existing
> note of the same pitch, it won't let you: it just ends the first note
> at the point that the second note begins.
>

> If you drag the entire note over another note of the same pitch, it
> deletes the note that occurs later in time.
>

> Hope that helps some.

Yes, now I remember that I've seen this too, for some sequencers or perhaps for Reaper only?!

It would be better not to shorten the note for the graphic, because if
you move it to another pitch, you might want to have legato, but Ardour
should detect such legato of the same pitch and handle it this way.