[Ardour-Users] help needed to ascertain a MIDI design question

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jun 11 12:03:00 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 2:56 PM, seth burrows <sethburrows7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Paul
> In REAPER when you drag the tail of the note over an already existing note
> of the same pitch, it won't let you: it just ends the first note at the
> point that the second note begins.

when you say "it won't let you" do you mean "it truncates the existing
note to end where the dropped note starts?"

ok, this reminds me of why the multi-note drag case matters:

select N different notes. now drag them so that one of them overlaps
an existing note, as i described, but not the rest. is the situation
any different than for a single-note drag?

> If you drag the entire note over another note of the same pitch, it deletes
> the note that occurs later in time.
> Hope that helps some.

thanks for the information.