[Ardour-Users] MIDI recording workflow

Nando nandinga at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 10:57:00 PDT 2011

Hi Paul, what do you mean by freezing? range consolidating? (have no
experience with that) and, can you do that to a MIDI track and a bus?

I've just tried to hit "consolidate range with processing" out of my
newbieness ;p and got

"You can't perform this operation because the processing of the signal will
cause one or more of the tracks will end up with a region with more channels
than this track has inputs.

You can do this without processing, which is a different operation."

so I continued blindly and hit "consolidate range" and got a crash that I
haven't been able to reproduce (will keep trying).

Thx!