[Ardour-Users] ardour 3.0 alpha season drawing to an end

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:05:05 PDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 05:43 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

>> "Please wait while Ardour loads visual data"
>>
>> And then consumes 100% of my processor for 3 or 4 minutes, is totally
>> unresponsive, and will not redraw the screen.  I can connect MIDI outputs
>> and hit play after it comes back alive, and it works, but when I hit rewind,
>> it once again consumes 100% of the processor and hangs ardour for several
>> minutes.  The machine still responds, but ardour itself it locked.
>>
>> I can't go any further with testing this.  It's a bummer.  I was motivated
>> to start a new project on A3 and see what it could do.
> please keep in mind that there are dozens (possibly hundreds) of
> people who have not hit this behaviour. this means that it could be
> rather useful to everyone to debug what is actually going on. i
> understand if you don't have the time, but i can't reproduce this and
> as far as i'm aware neither can any of the other core alpha testers.
>
> finally, its note entirely impossible that this is caused by jack2 and
> its interactions with ardour3. i do not test jack2 at all, and i think
> most alpha testers (though definitely not all) are also using jack1.

I have a little time tonight and tomorrow night which I am more than
willing to dedicate to tracking this down, but am clueless as to how to
go about it.  At this point, it is totally reproducible on this session,
so if you can tell me what to do, I'll give it a try.  I'm comfortable
with computers, but not with the programming environment, so I will need
fairly detailed instructions.

--
---
Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]