[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.0 alpha 9 released
paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jul 8 08:14:35 PDT 2011
Ardour 3.0 alpha9 is now out. There's a nice new feature for people using 1
MIDI device to record multiple tracks, and some very necessary fixes for track
visibility, height control and general layout in the editor window, plus the
usual selection of crashing and missing functionality bug fixes. I expect a few
glitches with the new stuff, so please do leave feedback via the bug tracker or
the ardour-users email list (not the forums) .
Ready-to-run binary packages can be found here:
* Linux 64 bit Intel:
* Linux 32 bit Intel:
* It is now possible to enable/disable input on MIDI tracks. This makes it
possible to connect several different tracks to the same MIDI
device/source, and then choose which one(s) will actually get the
incoming MIDI data at any point in time. You can turn this on and off
with a button next to the input button in the mixer strip, or in the
editor window's Track/Bus list. There's still a little bit of tweaking to
provide some "turn others off and this one on" capabilities.
* The icons in the editor window's track/bus list have been redesigned by
* Track resize "handles" have been removed - you can now resize a track in
the editor with the mouse by press-drag-release in the lower 25% of the
track controls box. The mouse cursor will change to indicate when the
mouse is in the "resize" area.
* New system for managing the properties of on-screen GUI "objects". This
was introduced primarily to allow us to manage the visibility and height
of all tracks. Side Effect: existing track visibility and height
information in existing Ardour3 sessions will be ignored. You won't lose
any data, but if you had hidden tracks or they were non-default heights,
you'll find that all tracks and busses are now visible and the default
height. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this new system gives us much
more flexibility to manage this stuff as we move forward. It will also
fix a number of crashes and incorrect behaviour with automation tracks in
alpha8 (and earlier).
* Fix erroneous note resizing in regions with non-zero start (#4143).
* don't try to add Amp processor automation curves using the generic
mechanism as they are already special-cased separately (#4127).
* Display audio file format in the menu bar (#4016).
* Updated / new French translations from Roming22-FR
* Send full MIDI time code (if enabled) after changing sync source; should
* LV2 persist extension now works because we don't keep resetting the ID of
* Fix horizontal sizing of the track controls area in the editor
* don't mark the big clock window as a "utility" window
* Enable playlist switching for MIDI tracks
* shuttle control: make scroll events step by precisely 1 of the current
units (semitones or percent)
* Improve layout of automation track controls box
Thanks once again to Carl Hetherington for his work on bug fixes.
More information about the Ardour-Users