[Ardour-Users] Environmental Protection Agency in Ardour?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sat Jan 8 23:49:17 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 08:21:00PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> > Most amusing Ardour explosion message yet:
> >
> > /usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour-2.8.11: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour-2.8.11: undefined symbol: _ZN3PBD29EnvironmentalProtectionAgency11_global_epaE
> >
> > Environmental Protection Agency?
>
> it saves the environment somewhere safe, and then when you need it
> most, it restores it its saved state.
>
> you must have a build error, sorry i can't more specific.

Thanks. It was actually an install error, and I got it sorted.

I just finished importing 175 WAV files from ProTools into Ardour, and doing scratch mixes of 4-5 takes each of 9 songs so we can pick the takes to work from. I found and fixed a bug in my importer script too.

I have a small problem though. I started from a template from a previous session, and none of the busses work in the new session. They produce sound that is hundreds of dB above 0dB, screeching nasty sounds, or nothing at all. I tried wiping out all the old busses and creating new ones, but to no avail.

Not sure how to fix this, but I do need to.

-ken