[Ardour-Users] Preference to remove button click sound

Chooch Schubert choochus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 09:52:29 PST 2011

I think it's better to run pasuspend when launching jackd rather than
killing it. This allows PA to come right back when you quit jackd (a trick
picked up from Ubuntu Studio). The only downside is that PA might have
buffered some alert sounds and plays them back all at the same time when
unsuspending which will make you jump if wearing headphones :)

In my case, I need PulseAudio running to record Skype calls and
experimenting with some other audio sources that require pulse.

On a side note, I think pulse has gotten a lot better in the last release. I
know many people will never have a need for it, or it will continue to put a
bad taste in their mouth. Ever since upgrading to Maverick, I haven't had
any negative issues with it. Using jack-pulse bridge to have it working with
jack is a real bonus to flexibility.

  {c}