[Ardour-Users] Denormals

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 07:59:54 PST 2011

On 12/31/2011 09:50 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> are you using active frequency scaling (ie. power management)? this is
> not compatible with low latency realtime audio, JACK or otherwise.
> whatever tools your distro provides to manage this, you should disable
> it or set it to "performance" or something similarly worded.

This has been an issue with me, too.  I recently got a new dual core
laptop, and am running Fedora 14, and nothing I've come across yet has
disabled CPU throttling.  It still insists that speed scaling is
controlled by the "ondemand" governor, and I can't even change CPU
speeds with the cpu-speed tools.

--
---

  http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]