[Ardour-Users] the route parameters window

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Dec 7 02:31:07 PST 2011

On 12/07/2011 05:38 AM, Al Thompson wrote:
> On 12/06/2011 03:16 PM, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
>> Harrison is planning on integrating A3 and Mixbus as far as I am
>> aware(Keeping in mind I don't work for Harrison), but not until they
>> feel A3 is ready and stable.  They certainly won't look at it while it
>> is still in testing phases I don't think.
>
> How much does mixbus differ from Ardour in terms of performance and
> reliability?

not at all. under the hood, the codebase is the same. mixbus is more
like a hardware mixer by default (aux sends and default subgroup
busses). on top, it adds a harrison proprietary channel strip, with a
very nice eq, dynamics in the busses and a tape saturation simulator,
all with a gui that's always visible in the mixer strip, i.e. no opening
of plugin gui windows.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister (VDT)

http://stackingdwarves.net