[Ardour-Users] the route parameters window

Chuck Martin x38zf475rc at snkmail.com
Tue Dec 6 17:29:03 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 06:22:46PM -0500, Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com wrote:
> they are not intended to be visible from within ardour.
>
> we can't stop them being visible to other JACK apps, because they are
> JACK ports. you should not ever connect ardour tracks and busses to
> the monitor inputs, unless you want some wierd results. the only
> reason the ports exists is to make it possible to run some other
> signal through the monitor bus as well (e.g. a CD player, other apps)
> with the same control that the monitor section provides.

Okay, that makes sense.  Speaking of the monitor, I've noticed that if
I create a session using one of the included templates, there is no
monitor section, and I haven't been able to find out how to add one if
it isn't already present, so I just create my sessions without a template
and add the tracks and busses myself.  Is there a way to add the monitor
section to a session created from one of the templates (or to remove it
later, if it isn't desired)?

Chuck