[Ardour-Users] Explosions in my home studio (random noise bursts problems)

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 23 22:46:27 PDT 2011

On 04/23/2011 05:03 PM, Tobiasz Karoń wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The thing was around for a while. When two clips are being aligned to
> each other but not crossfaded, and not separate, they tend to generate a
> monstrous amount of noise, especially when I use LADSPA and LV2 plugins
> (especially unstable Calf LV2s form *KX Studio* repos)
>
> Ardour Clips.png
>
> Calf Vintage Delay LV2 plugins frequently is blowing my mixes up.

Have you tried fading the regions in/out at the region boundary by a
millisecond or two?  I've heard pops and clicks caused by butting two
regions together, even when done at a zero crossing or during silence.

My guess is that you are getting pops at the splice, and it is causing
digital overload which the plugins can't handle.

You are getting some cool ring modulator effects though!!  (grin)

--
---
Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]