[Ardour-Users] Preferred USB Audio Interface

Harold Aling ardour at sait.nl
Wed Apr 13 06:53:51 PDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 15:37, Noel Darlow <mail at mcgruff.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>> I recently bought the Lexicon Omega second hand (€70) and it worked
>> instantly! It does require an AC adapter though. What I really like
>> about it is that it has no sofware mixing controls, everything is set
>> by the hardware knobs on the front and Ardour.
>
> How do you rate the lexicon's preamps & converters? Average for this
> class of device or better than usual?

I didn't A/B them but they seem "clearer" than the Terratec EWS88 MT/D
I had prior to the Omega. But then again: I don't do "pro recordings"
at home and I also upgraded my monitors in the same week.

The biggest plus for the Omega are the hardware controls and the
excellent Linux driver. The things I miss however, are muted outputs
on inserting the headphone jack and the use of the led bars on the
output (they only work on the inputs).

-H-