[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.0 alpha 4 released

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 8 18:08:00 PDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 10:10 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

>>> its enabled and it works. where do you have lv2 plugins installed?
>>
>> /usr/lib64/lv2.
>
> you are right that the binary package seems to have an issue with
> this. i'll make sure that alpha5 has a fix for this.
>
>> Ok, I'll verify, but I think I tried all of the solo options, except
>> possibly AFL, since I never use that. Not using a monitor section.
>
> you cannot use AFL or PFL without a monitor section.

Ahh, a quirk.  When I create a new session in alpha4, a monitor section
is created.  When I open a session that was previously created in
Ardour2, no monitor section is created in alpha4, even though I have
that checked in the preferences.  This may or may not hold true for
everything created in ardour2, as I only have one project created in
Ardour2 that will open in Ardour3 alpha4 right now.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be
done, but it's a start:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]