[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.0 alpha 4 released

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 7 18:37:24 PDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 09:09 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

>> Is LV2 support enabled on the 64 bit version?  It's doesn't recognize
>> any LV2 plugins on my system (Fedora 14, X86_64), but previous version
>> did (including Ardour 2).
>
> its enabled and it works. where do you have lv2 plugins installed?

/usr/lib64/lv2.

They work fine in Ardour2 (still do, as I have both installed currently,
and went back into Ardour2 to verify that it all still worked fine).
The Plugins were all installed in default locations from the repos using
yum.

>> Also, did the default action of the solo and mute buttons change?
>> Pressing solo on a channel no longer actually solos that channel, even
>> those the solo light lights up, and other channels' mute lights
>> illuminate.  Also, pressing a mute button does nothing - no mute, no
>> button light.
>
> there has been one bug in this area reported. when you file a bug
> about this you need to be totally unambiguous about whether you are
> using a monitor section and if so whether you are using solo-in-place
> (SiP), pre-fader-listen (PFL) or after-fader-listen (AFL)

Ok, I'll verify, but I think I tried all of the solo options, except
possibly AFL, since I never use that. Not using a monitor section.

Thanks.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be
done, but it's a start:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]