[Ardour-Users] shortcut cheatsheet!

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Sep 20 11:51:45 PDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM, plutek <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:
> Excerpts from Paul Davis's message of Mon Sep 20 14:35:55 -0400 2010:
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM, plutek <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > afaik the only way to determine if a keystroke you wish to use is already assigned to something else is also to search ardour.bindings in your favourite editor. correct?
>>
>> that's likely to be the fastest. the keybinding dialog can be checked
>> too, but its slower, certainly, i would basically assume that *all*
>> keystrokes are taken and that by using one, you are stealing it from
>> an existing binding. this is not absolutely true, but its not far from
>> it.
>
> hehe. yes, that's been my working assumption, which is why "what does this keystroke already do?" becomes an important question.

if you haven't made many modifications yourself, it can be easier to
work from the template in the source code:

   http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/ardour2/branches/2.0-ongoing/gtk2_ardour/mnemonic-us.bindings.in

this is arrange in keyboard-layout order rather than semi-randomly.

you need to know that on linux, the modifiers are:

PRIMARY=ctl
SECONDARY=alt
TERTIARY=shift
LEVEL4=mod4