[Ardour-Users] export in 2.8.2

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Sat Sep 18 14:05:06 PDT 2010

> You want to end up with a single file that is the length of all 4
> regions spliced together, right?
>
> I think you mean to use the Range tool, select a range across the 4
> regions, right-click on it and export _that_.
>
> Works for me ...

yes this does work and thanks for the tip!
I also got the spectral analysis to work as well using range instead of
region

but unless the ancient version of Ardour I'm working with has a typo
the procedure I describe above should also work if one believes the
menus and selections

to wit: I am able to select a group of 'regions'
and then select 'selected regions > export'
which would lead one to expect that all the regions selected would be
exported as one contiguous file...
no?