[Ardour-Users] Suggestions please

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:53:09 PST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Fábio Magnoni <fabiohmagnoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Line 6 X3 Live and I posted here sometimes about how to record
> using USB cable. But there's no driver to use in this way, I'm gonna try to
> record using the X3 Live, with a adapter (1/4 to 1/8) cable, on my notebook
> record channel, with my poor audio card hehe.
>
> Will I have a good quality? Does anyone tried this before?

I've recorded in the past with Line6 PodXT Live, using the analog
stereo 1/4" outputs into my audio interface. I *do* recommend getting
a better audio card, even one of the external USB interfaces will be
better (especially since they have the 1/4" inputs). I used a M-Audio
1010 for recording back then. I do a similar thing with the Amplitube
StompIO board, using the analog outputs to the analog inputs on my
HDSP interface and into Ardour. I think it sounds fine, don't hear
much difference between using analog or digital output (to be honest,
I think the digital recording is a little too pristine sounding, the
analog sounds a little warmer to my ears).

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com