[Ardour-Users] zero crossings when editing audio

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Mon May 17 23:59:46 PDT 2010

On 05/18/2010 07:33 AM, Paul Schwebel wrote:
> When editing audio, is there a way to easily set the edit area to a zero crossing? I can't find any such option and the tutorial doesn't really cover edits of this kind.

afaik, there isn't. but it doesn't help much, anyways. the problem is
that there will be clicks whenever the waveform has a "sharp corner",
and this can happen even when both spliced ends are at a zero crossing.
ardour will use very short fades to get rid of clicks, which works better.

hth,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Elektrofachkraft
Audio and event engineer - Ambisonic surround recordings

http://stackingdwarves.net