[Ardour-Users] WG: ardour

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 5 04:59:06 PDT 2010

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ralf Mardorf
Gesendet: Mi 5/5/2010 13:34
An: ardour-users-bounces at lists.ardour.org
Betreff: Re: [Ardour-Users] ardour

> Hi
>
> 2010/5/5  <nglennglen at netscape.net>:
> > ardour will not install in opensuse 11.2. i would like to donate but
> this is
> > why i like to have a trial period before dotating.
>
> Installed and worked under opensuse 11.2 at i586 and x86_64.
> Just search for ardour at
>
>   http://software.opensuse.org/search
>
> and install the version you prefer...
> And don't forget to donate afterwards! ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Steffen

Just to help him I rebooted into Suse 11.2.

He's right!

Typically Suse!

Some minutes ago I had a stable Suse, I did the online updates and the
package management upgrades and now my Suse is broken too.

I know some direct links to Ardour packages, but he won't be able to
install those packages, because some openDesktop stuff is broken.

Suse sucks! Use another distro. I only run Suse because I need to test
software on several distros and this happens all the time for Suse.

There are less advantages, but a lot of disadvantages when using Suse.

Have fun,

Ralf