[Ardour-Users] tool for converting serial recording sessions into multiple playlists

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Tue May 4 23:54:26 PDT 2010

During recording session of acoustic music I usually record all takes
into one long track (and all channels into one track, to make editing
easier). This is the fastest during recording; however, this is not
ideal for editing.

To ease the editing workflow (specifically switching between different
takes) I wrote a little tool which creates a copy of an ardour project
where each region of a playlist is put into a separate playlist for the
same track, with the region centred in time (to have regions roughly
synced in time.

You can download this tiny tool (113 lines of c++ code) at
http://vegri.net/linuxaudio/, it is GPL and depends mainly on libxml++.
If you have any questions please contact me; it is completely
undocumented...

Cheers,

Giso