[Ardour-Users] How to add an effect to a track

Michael Neumeier dennismail at gmx.net
Thu Mar 4 07:18:12 PST 2010

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:
>> If you want to do that only for part of a track, there are the following
>> possibilities:
>> 1) Move that part to a second track which has the effect.
>> 2) Add a send to your track, send that to a bus where the effect lives and
>> automate the send.
>> 3) Add the effect to your track and automate the effect settings. Unfortunately
>> I think the "bypass" can not be automated...
>
> 4a) split the track into regions, if necessary
> 4b) from the right click/context menu, "Bounce with processing"
> 4c) you now have a copy of the region with the *track* FX applied.
> 4d deactivate or remove the track FX

Oh, allright - I will try these steps this weekend, when I have enough free time to care only about this. Now I have only to understand what "automation" in the context means, but I already found a general explication about this. Let´s see if I got all that - it usually takes some time, and then, most of the things can be understood by simple using them :)

Michael