[Ardour-Users] Just completed scratch mixes for 11 songs, 4-5 takes each

Nick Murtagh nickmurtagh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 07:13:40 PST 2010

On 2 March 2010 10:54, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> 1) Sometimes when I have a region overlapping another region just slightly, with no crossfade, the second of the two regions won't play. Occasionally, it'll shut down all audio for that track; it'll just refuse to play from that point on. Odd.

I've seen that too.

> 2) Occasionally when opening a session, I'll get a deafening glitch that sounds like SMPTE code turned up to 11. It seems to be coming from a bus that has the Calf Tape Delay plugin and nothing else. Disabling the plugin makes the screech go away, but then re-enabling it just brings it back. The only workaround is to quit Ardour and start it up again.

I've encountered that problem with that specific plugin too. It's a
great plugin but it doesn't work if there are two instances of it in
the session :(

Out of interest, are you using latest SVN version of 2.0-ongoing? It's
the most reliable version of ardour2 I've seen. Well done to all the
ardour devs!

Nick