[Ardour-Users] WAV files modified when editing an Ardour file?

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 08:24:39 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:30:52PM -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out if my rsync or maybe system clock is misconfigured.
>
> rsync is insisting on backing up a bunch of wav files in an ardour session, even though they're already there and have the same modified date/times and same file size.
>
> When I work on a session, moving regions around and such, does Ardour store any information in the WAV files themselves? It looks to me like all that stuff is in the .ardour XML file, but then I'm totally confused as to why rsync is feeling the need to upload all these files yet again.

If they're on the same physical machine, `cmp` would tell you really
quick if the files differ.

If they're not on the same machine, and you don't feel like
transferring a file to compare, you could run a checksum
(eg. `md5sum`) on each machine and see if you get the same number.

If they don't differ, then maybe it's a problem with rsync.
Are you using the -u flag?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com