[Ardour-Users] made with ardour logo license?

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Jun 21 11:16:31 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 16:32 +0200, Giso Grimm wrote:

> I would like to use the logo "made with ardour" from
>
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/logo-design/
>
> on a new CD (produced completely with ardour, to be commercially
> available in autumn). Am I allowed to use the logo? The CD (neither
> cover nor audio content) will be an open license right now.

Hi Giso!

You have my permission, provided that the logo does not appear next to
some violent, obscene or otherwise strongly negative material.

I don't think you would, this is just the general rule.

This issue of context is the reason I didn't just specify a CC license.
I might personally not even have a problem with such material, I just
would want to avoid an association between Ardour and something like
that.

Not at all required, but it would be nice if you could send me a sample
of the artwork. If you do that before it's finalized, I might even
provide feedback, if welcome.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: