[Ardour-Users] [PlanetCCRMA] new packages in Fedora updates-testing (2010-06-16)

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Jun 18 09:10:52 PDT 2010

On 06/18/2010 04:24 PM, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I install Fedora+CCRMA do I will have problems with my Maotu
> UltraLite firewire soundcard. Is it supported at all???

motu is a very linux-unfriendly company that have refused to cooperate
with the linux community for years (i'm talking "we'll write you a
driver for free if you cough up a spec sheet and answer a few questions"
approaches).
so no, with rare exceptions (the traveller and 828), motu gear does not
run under linux, nor is it very likely it will in the future.

if you want to move to linux, you could put your motu stuff on ebay and
get new gear from linux-friendly manufacturers, such as focusrite or
m-audio. for a good overview of supported firewire devices, check out
the ffado.org website.

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik (Bühne/Studio), Elektrofachkraft
Audio and event engineer - Ambisonic surround recordings

http://stackingdwarves.net