[Ardour-Users] using ardour for live recording

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 04:30:51 PDT 2010

I am willing to bet Ardour could handle all those with no problem.

For the record, Jörn and I have been discussing a fair amount about this
recently, like him I also do live recordings and have often run in that
range of tracks in Ardour without to much problem, provided the buffer size
was set appropriately.  Unlike him though I like recording to SSD and a 60
second buffer size is pittance to fill there, but the moment I switch to a
spindle based HD I feel it while working on the session later.

        Seablade