[Ardour-Users] Copy / paste of timeline regions

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 06:48:53 PDT 2010

On 20 Jul 2010, at 14:34, Paul Davis wrote:

> you can't go around moving arbitrary markers to indicate where the
> mouse is. so you'd have to another marker to be able to do this.
> presto: edit cursor ...

In that case, don't make it a visible object.  Just have some internal object associated with the editor canvas that remembers the position of the last click, drag or right-click mouse operation.  The principle is the same.  That object (rather than the actual mouse position) would determine where paste operations will take place if the user is in Mouse edit mode.  Personally, I think that a visible object would make the operation more intuitive - but visible or not, it's the same principle, either way.

The point is I was making was that this suggestion would be more intuitive and more consistent than my original one.

John