[Ardour-Users] CPU usage of plugins in empty tracks

Roberto Suarez Soto talkingxouba at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:34:34 PDT 2010

Hi,

	excuse me if the question is already answered in some FAQ. "RTFM" is
an acceptable response :-)

	I don't know if it's the proper way of doing it, but I tend to use a
lot of tracks, with relatively short takes in each. This leaves me with a lot
of "semi-empty" tracks, tracks where only a few seconds are used. I.e., for a
rhythm guitar, I would use one track for the verse, another one for the
chorus, another one for the bridge, maybe another one for a different
verse ... you get the point. This way it's easier to undo something, and to
have different settings for each one.

	My question is: if I apply some effect plugins in those tracks, do
they consume CPU in the "empty" parts? Or just in the parts that have sound
recorded?

	Thanks in advance,

--
    Roberto Suarez Soto                             You come blazing
                                  Waving your arms and your attitude