[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 25 19:13:56 PST 2010

John Rigg wrote:
> I think you'd have a hard time convincing most live sound engineers that
> a digital system running on commodity computer gear was reliable enough
> for mixing live gigs. In a live situation there's no room at all for
> crashes or other problems.

I'd never use a digital console live, period.  If anything else crashes,
you can get around it, but if a mixing console crashes, the show stops.

Add to that my serious preference for a "real" mixer, with faders,
dedicated knobs, etc, and the digital mixers have nothing to interest me.

No thanks.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be done, but it's a start:
http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio, mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
						- [Friedrich Nietzsche]