[Ardour-Users] control surface [was : Ardour 2.8.5 released]

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:57:29 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com
> wrote:

> This is an important point.
>
> What is the cheapest and most reliable control surface to use with ardour?

A mouse?

> Maybe we could have a small competition to see who is using the most
> controls or has the most insteresting setup?

Really?  Who has the shiny stuff?

> Seperate from the studio setup thread that was recently run. this woul dbe
> more focused on the actual sontroller systems that people are using rather
> than the overall setup of the studio.

The best one I know of that someone is using is IIRC someone is using a
SmartAV Tango console with Mixbus in the Mackie mode(Going off memory of
course).  However MIDI control has been overhauled for A3 to allow for much
more flexible uses of generic MIDI.

     Seablade