[Ardour-Users] control surface [was : Ardour 2.8.5 released]

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jan 25 15:55:54 PST 2010

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>>> Close but not quite.  The iLive consoles run on COS, not Linux.
>>>
>> Hmm, I based that on this comment from Michael Palmer, A&H national
>> sales manager for USA: "the Allen&  Heath iLive uses Linux as its
>> operating
>> system"
>> It's near the bottom of this linked page:
>> http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?t=msg&th=34589/0/
>>

>>> The XL8 however from Midas, does run on Linux IIRC.
>>>
>> Indeed.
>>

>>> Most digital consoles these days are moving more towards control
>>> surface to
>>> a processing rack(Digi, PM5d, iLive) than integrated console(Like an
>>> LS9 or
>>> M7CL)
>>>
>> Most of the ones I see are still the self contained type, but I
>> wouldn't be
>> surprised if more manufacturers move towards separate processing
>> racks. The
>> important part for the end user is the control surface.
>>

> This is an important point.
>
> What is the cheapest and most reliable control surface to use with
> ardour?
>
> Maybe we could have a small competition to see who is using the most
> controls or has the most insteresting setup?
>
> Seperate from the studio setup thread that was recently run. this woul
> dbe more focused on the actual sontroller systems that people are
> using rather than the overall setup of the studio.

I'm a complete looser, so if I need something, while having no money,
I'm searching for Behringer products (I never search for them, when
having good luck and money).

I only tested Ardour by using mouse and keyboard.

Does Ardour cooperate with"behringer digital control" or "behringer
digital mixer"?

If so, I'm sure that this would be the less expansive solution.