[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:45:33 PST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

>> Yeah, that would be ugly to implement correctly and likely be illegal
>> from the licensing agreement of the manufacturer. I just run 'em on a
>> separate (Windows) box anyway and use midi-over-ip to synch with Linxu
>> apps.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to use MIDI over IP and to get the audio stream by
> the network into the Linux box?

Might be able to with netjack, but don't know how well that works with
Linux -> Windows. You can send MIDI to Windows via netjack, but you
need a jack-MIDI bridge. Don't know if the opposite will work, routing
the audio from a Windows app back to Linux. I use SPDIF on the slave
machine to route audio back to my Linux box right now, but you can't
do multiple audio streams that way.

-- Brett