[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Sun Jan 24 14:13:27 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:14:45PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> The thought. When Brauner started his company I was a friend of him and
> I worked for him. Why could he sell Brauner Microphones, even if there
> were all those Neumann Microphones?

Microphones and software can not be compared. If you buy a Brauner
microphone it is likely to be worth more than you paid for it in a
few years. It's a low-risk investment.

Software and and most digital hardware on the other hand have very little
resale value after a relatively short time, so their purchase can only
be justified (from a business point of view) if the revenue generated
by their use is high enough to do so.

You talk about how others should run a business, but it appears
to me that you have never run one yourself.

John