[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.8.5 released

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Sat Jan 23 14:30:56 PST 2010

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Ralf Mardorf
>> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

>>> Did you try to give just 45,-$ for the source and compile it yourself?
>>>

>> or any price you wish ...
>>

> No doubt about it, you're a gifted coder, but I'm pissed, because of
> the comparison to proprietary software, at least there could be
> packages for often used distros.
>
> Anyway, even Hans did notice that you do a good job. Perhaps Paul
> could reconsider if his comparison is fair.

I am happy to pay what I can for Ardour even on my meager income as a
musician
and I love Ardour -- it is as if someone got inside my head and
discovered what I thought a perfect DAW would look like and then built it
I won't use anything else as it has been indispensable to my studio workflow
keep up the fantastic god-like work Paul!
:)