[Ardour-Users] zoom of region borders vs waveform display problem

Martin Horn martin.horn at ostec.org
Sun Jan 17 11:27:28 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:47 AM, fred <f.rech at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Martin Horn a écrit :
>
>  Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to Ardour and this list. I tried it when finding that there is no
>> other waveform recorder/editor which works without problems or crashes.
>>
>> So I found Ardour really easy to use and comfortable for some recordings I
>> want to do but now I have a problem which I can't believe to be a bug. After
>> recording some audio in a track and trying to zoom in or out after the
>> region borders are zoomed accordingly but the waveform display remains the
>> same. See the attached screenshots.
>>
>> Can anybody help me?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Martin from Berlin
>>

> Hi Martin,
>
> with some click2, you will find solution here, see the image !
>
> (I like to choose "mouse focus", and then press +, the key left from
> backspace, to zoom in; or -, the "6-|" key, to zoom out) Probably you'll
> find the "zoom all session" button really usefull too...
>
> HTH,
> Fred from Marseille

Ardour 2.8.2 rev 5396 default install on ubuntustudio karmic,

the buttons in the lower left reacted the same as when zooming with
mousewheel,

also I forgot to say that it only happens after longer recordings of 10 mins
or so and one time also the waveform was drawn out of the borders of the
region, after bouncing and reinserting everything is fine again with the
region

Thanks,
Martin