[Ardour-Users] About JACK2, was Re: trouble connecting Saffire pro 24

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Feb 10 08:45:17 PST 2010

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>> I noticed that JACK2 didn't give a message while the left and right channel
>> are audible out of phase, but when I set up JACK2 frames period with enough
>> "headroom", there isn't any audible bad effect. The reason why clients are
>> to slow when using a lot of machines as far as I know is unknown. Using
>> JACK2 with "overdone" latency won't disconnect clients and doesn't cause
>> audible effects.
>>

> you're wrong, again.

Any hints (to the list or off-list) are welcome. I'm able to use Linux,
so I'm using Linux, but with very high latency, because when I'm using
JACK2 with overdone latency, there are seldom audible effects. JACK1
does disconnect clients all the time and JACK2 has got audible effect
when not using it with "overdone" latency. I'm not the only user who
made this experience.  Any hints for a bug tracking are welcome.

I'm serious,
Ralf