[Ardour-Users] Older Source Code Downloads?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Feb 4 10:13:05 PST 2010

On 02/04/2010 06:39 PM, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> Just today I downloaded ardour source code.  I like the new page
> offering me a chance to donate.  But, I no longer know how to
> download a version of ardour older than the current version.
> How can I do that?

if you really must, you can browse the subversion repository and find
the appropriate "tag", e.g. for 2.7.1 you'd go to

http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/ardour2/tags/2.7.1/

download it with "svn checkout <url> ardour-<version>".

but think twice - this is open source, so the (volunteer) developers
will listen to your reports with a lot more interest when you're using
the latest version.
since ardour2 is in feature freeze, it's rare that really nasty new bugs
are being introduced, so the latest is almost always better than some
previous one at this point.

and if you need that old version to find out when a particular bug was
introduced, you'll get a lot more fine-grained information if you bisect
single svn commits (you can update to a particular release with the "svn
update -r <release_number>" command.

hth,

jörn

--