[Ardour-Users] Harrison Mixbus TEC nomination

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 11:41:33 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Ben Loftis <ben at harrisonconsoles.com> wrote:
> Mixbus ( http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com )  was accepted as a nominee for
> the 2010 Technical Excellence & Creativity (TEC) Award in the category of
> Outstanding Technical Achievement, Workstation Technology.
>
> The TEC Awards event was founded in 1985, and is the most prestigious awards
> event for the professional audio and sound production industry.   This is
> Harrison's  8th  TEC nomination.   A TEC award win could be significant to
> the Ardour community because it would bring attention  (and hopefully users
> and developers ) to the Ardour platform.
>
> TEC Award voting is open to professionals in the audio industry.  Today is
> the last day for voting.  To vote, go to:
>
> http://www.broadjam.com/TEC/
>

> Best Regards,
> Ben Loftis
> Harrison Consoles

That's exciting. Congrats.

As a total outsider these days can anyone possibly explain, without
too much detail and wasted time on the responder's part, how does
Mixbus relate to Ardour? Is it purely a rebranding or does it include
a lot of stuff we don't have access to in the Open Source version?
(Maybe special plugins or other things like that?) The use of Ardour
is implied on the above link but there's not a lot more than that that
I can find.

Not trying to cause anyone any work or stress. Just curious.

Thanks,
Mark