[Ardour-Users] Mixbus on Linux (was: TEC nomination)

Ben Loftis ben at harrisonconsoles.com
Mon Dec 6 12:47:32 PST 2010

Hi Lamar,

If you are following Ardour development in the Subversion repository,
you may have noticed some checkins by Paul in the last few weeks which
allow binary packaging of Ardour&Mixbus on Linux.  We've been working
with Paul to develop this system, test it, and make an installer that
will integrate with your desktop.

Packaging Ardour is hard enough for distro maintainers (many of them get
it wrong),  so making a one-size-fits-all package is understandably even
harder.   We also need to leave enough flexibility in the system so that
power-users can build their own versions if they want to.  This isn't
easy, from either a technical or business standpoint.

No promises on a date, but we are definitely closer than ever before.
Watch this space ....

-Ben