[Ardour-Users] Hm...

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 13:58:44 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 02:14:59PM -0400, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Unfortunately this will never fix the main problem we have with
> Ubuntu, namely their packaging is constantly out of date and that
> there are almost always bugs particular to their package because they
> refuse to build it how it is recommended.

The problem with trying to run up-to-date versions of Ardour
on Debian-based distros is that even in Debian testing and unstable
(some of which goes into Ubuntu) some of the dependencies for
compiling Ardour are often not recent enough versions to work.

I use Debian stable, but I'm used to compiling a lot of Ardour's
dependencies rather than use the Debian packages (and unless I'm
mistaken, I've seen it mentioned on this mailing list and/or ardour.org
that Debian based distros are not recommended for those who want an
easy Ardour installation).

John