[Ardour-Users] Hm...

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 09:21:13 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 03:23:13PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 12:02 +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> "I doubt if you'd find that with a multitrack tape machine or the
> automation system on a large mixing console. Both require prior
> knowledge to operate. These are what a DAW is meant to replace."
>
> I would like to know such a DAW.

The DAW allows me to do the same work as a multitrack tape machine
and mixing desk automation, but more quickly. In my work situation it has
replaced those two items. You're right that it's different, but I was
referring to its role as a tool for getting work done, not its aesthetic
attributes.

John