[Ardour-Users] Hm...

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 05:02:53 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:44:42AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Well, it is easy: take a look at a studio built in hardware.  If I want
> to do anything with some gadget, I touch it and plug it where I want to
> have it.

I doubt if you'd find that with a multitrack tape machine or the
automation system on a large mixing console. Both require prior
knowledge to operate. These are what a DAW is meant to replace.

As such it needs to behave in a way which allows audio engineers to
do their job and not get in the way of that. It also helps if it is
basically similar to other DAWs so that an AE changing from another
system can still work with it.

Complaining that Ardour doesn't behave like a programmer's text editor
is missing the point completely IMO.

John