[Ardour-Users] Experience? Rework an external 44.1 KHz 16 bit recording

Nick Murtagh nickmurtagh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 01:42:23 PDT 2010

On 19 August 2010 16:54, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> digital signal transmission isn't "lossy". it either works or it
> fails. that's the whole point.

In theory... but if the two clocks aren't synced properly you can run
into problems, and I suspect this
may be what happened to Ralf. I've recorded stuff from an 8-channel
preamp into a Multiface using ADAT
with the wrong clock sync setting and didn't spot it until later. Some
of the tracks had high frequency clicks
but this depended on the source - it was more noticeable on guitars
than drums. Everything sounded a bit
"lacklustre" but I couldn't say for sure that this was due to the
clock misconfiguration rather than bad mic
placement or a bad sounding room ;)