[Ardour-Users] Experience? Rework an external 44.1 KHz 16 bit recording

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Aug 19 17:12:30 PDT 2010

On Thursday, August 19, 2010 01:43:33 pm Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > 3) Probably a spdif output.
>
> S/PDIF could use optical waveguide or coaxial 75 ohm with any kind of
> jack, not only cinch (or BNC), but also mini stereo jacks as my AIWA DAT
> has got.

S/PDIF over TosLink fiber is pretty common; my Edirol R-09 has it for output; Creative Labs Audigy ZX for laptop had it for input and output, multiplexed inside the copper 1/8" stereo jacks.  TosLink can be found on lots of stuff; Bluray players, DVD players, even CD players have fiber connectors, carrying S/PDIF over fiber.