[Ardour-Users] Experience? Rework an external 44.1 KHz 16 bit recording

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Aug 19 08:12:47 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 07:19 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> 2010/8/19 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>:

> >> absolutely not!
> >
> > Thank You :)
> >
> > now I have all the information I do need. I wasn't surprised about the
> > answers ;), but it's better to ask.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Ralf
>
> A good command to get the best of what's on the CD. Once you have the
> wave files then it's a different discussion.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
>
> cdda2wav dev=1000,1,0 -vall -B -Owav -paranoia -speed=6

Hi Mark :)

does you example ignore bad start IDs for the CD tracks? So, if there
are 5 IDs for the CD, will it become 2 files or 10 files?

I'll see what happens, when doing it ;).

Thanx,

Ralf

PS: In your example you already included the -B switch, so my question
seems to be redundant ;).

As a Qtractor user (because of MIDI) I right now noticed that Ardour has
a smart solution for panning, instead of the balance, when using stereo
tracks :). But I need to have panning + separated faders, resp. panning
+ balance. Is there a way to handle this by Ardour or should I rip with
the '(-B) -alltracks, -bulk record each track into a seperate file'
option?

Stereo-tracks do also have some advantages ;), but I guess I could
answer my own question and prefer 2 mono tracks in this case.