[Ardour-Users] ardour & "phoning home"

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 08:00:30 PDT 2010

Greetings,

Recently I reviewed the athenaCL system. When I start the system in the
Python interpreter it asks if I'd like to check for new releases. When I
finish my session it asks if I want to make an anonymous report to the
athenaCL home. It's all non-obtrusive, the answers require only a single
keystroke, and I certainly don't feel like I'm being nagged or otherwise
bothered for anything. IIRC there's a mechanism to turn off the queries,
but don't quote me on that.

I'm not against a similar idea for Ardour, though it appears that some
more thought still needs to go into its implementation. I like the plan
for a GUI panel to control the user's preference.

Best,

dp