[Ardour-Users] [

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Aug 6 03:32:42 PDT 2010

On Friday 06 August 2010 10:05:18 christian at shamanbenefit.net wrote:
> [...]

Which will probably be a very small number of users compared to users just
using the distributions (rt-)kernel. And these will be the ones who know how
to create files in hidden directories...

I do on the other hand think that ardour shouldn't do the home-phoning without
asking the user at least once.

Oh, and a note on the statistics: If ardour transmits the ardour- and kernel-
version each time one of them changes, the number of "users" will be highly
inflated when you are not using a unique identifier (which could be created on
the users side) to keep track of installations.
And even then reading the numbers from the statistics-db will be difficult and
error-prone...

Have fun,

Arnold